Mihai Guran is an MSc graduate in Electrical Engineering from “Politehnica” University of Bucharest and also holds the Master of Business Administration degree from Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK. He recently set up his own consultancy business in Bucharest Romania, targeting companies that want to accelerate sales in developed markets, after developing for 20 years business for top Romanian, American and British companies such as IBM, Dell, HP Enterprise, ICL (UK), Romsys and Bitdefender.
- Current mission: helping IT&C companies to expand globally, to do it quickly and to do it professionally.
- Experienced in building and managing teams (10-130+ people), managing businesses of $20M to $85M per year.
- Leading sales, pre-sales and sales operations; setting up systems and processes for collaboration across sales, channel, marketing, services, pricing, training, finance, HR and other functions.
- Design and management of changes and transformations.
- Inter-cultural abilities and management experience across Europe, North-America and Middle East.
- Sales leadership experience; customer management, channel development and competitive sales experience as individual contributor or leading teams.
- Experience as executive board member in local / regional / global positions.
- Recruitment, team building, performance management, technology and sales enablement training program design and/or delivery.
- PR as support for business development, planning and coordination of marketing activities.
- Design and implementation of sales coverage models, compensation schemes, sales processes; salesforce.com implementation and adoption drive.
- Track record: revenue and market share growth – Dell, HP, Bitdefender; moving Bitdefender from niche to visionary in Gartner magic quadrant.
Managing Partner, GCG – Guru Consulting Global